This year's fabulous Crazy Cardboard Regatta Saturday, July 14, 2012 as the wildly popular Crazy Cardboard Boat Regatta sets sail again at Voice of America Park. Fun events for the whole family will happen from 10am-9pm. All of the information you will need can be found below:
Fun awards (“Titanic” for best sinking, Best Team Spirit, Judge’s Choice, People’s Choice and more!) Awards given to the fastest boats completing the course
2 boat categories: Show Boats and Need for Speed
Great food vendors and activities for all ages
Friday, July 13
- 4-6pm Boats arrive-great photo opps
Saturday, July 14
- 7-9am Boats arrive
- 10am The CRAZINESS begins
- 10am Vendors open for business
- 10am-noon Guests vote for their favorite boat-one with the most votes wins “People’s Choice”
- 10am-noon BUFF casting and tying demonstrations
- Noon National Anthem (sung by Bless Union of Soul’s Eliot Sloan) West Chester Color Guard
- Sheriff Richard Jones officially starts the racing along with the Honorary Grand Marshal Scott Strickler
- Scheduled fly-over by the Air Care Helicopter
- Noon-4pm Racing of boats
- Demolition Derby category
- 5-9pm Live music by Jack Trigger band
- Demolition Derby category: in the finale event, boats compete to be the last boat floating!
- Demonstrations by BUFF (Butler United Fly Fishers): casting and fly tying are just some of the secrets these experts will share! And they have some great fish stories too!
- Honorary Grand Marshal: Scott Strickler (builder and winner of the “SS Scooter”-last year’s People’s Choice Award winner
- Paddle with a Purpose: all profits will go toward adding a handicapped accessible area to the VOA playground
- IMAT: IMAT: Butler County's Incident Management Assistance Team (IMAT) is a specialty trained group of professional incident management specialists from local Fire Departments, Law Enforcement Agencies, and the Emergency Management Agency. The IMAT will bring their new 53' Incident Command Trailer along with mobile medical weather monitoring resources to assist with public safety operations of participants and spectators at this year's Regatta.
1 day schedule from 10am-9pm: all activities are packed into 1 exciting day with racing beginning at noon and ending with the Jack Trigger band playing from 5pm-9pm.
Live Band- The popular band, Jack Trigger, will rock out to 80’s covers and current hits. Check them out at www.jacktrigger.com
New Awards- Craziest, Best Theme, Biggest, Smallest, Most Entertaining, Fastest Sinking
New Route for Show Boats-a shorter course to allow for less paddling
T-shirts for sale for only $12!